Thursday, October 20, 2016

Thlog #2


I can honestly say reading, “Shelly’s Quick Guildes for Writing Teachers:Critical Reading Assignments” help me write my PB1b. Although I already used some of these writing strategy I also learned a few new ones that were very useful. It also gave me a better understanding on how to break down reading because reading is more than just reading with your eyes. When you atually understand the contxt in the writing it helps you in the long run when you try to write your own paper, article, recommandation request, etc. To be honest I heard of the words genre, convention, and rhetoric before but to atually understand their true meaning, would have been a little tough in the beginning of the semester.

My professor, Zack De Pierois a very different but great person to teach this reading/writing course, I plan to vaccum all his useful reading and writing techniques. I can already feel myself growing as a write and when I’m reading now im sometimes look for diffent convention and genres. All in all im very thrilled  to be in this class. I asked a friend of mine can she help me with one of my assignment and she looked at it and said,”I don’t how to do this”and it was funny to me because she took this course last semester. That said, I’m glad to have this course taught the way Zack teaches it. I know im only going to get better and better and by the time this course is done I hope I can thoroughly “read like a writer”.

            What really stood out to me in the article is “three positions”. I thnk that’s very interesting when reading writing because its important to identify the different writer’s position. Also identify the reader’s position on writer’s position, whether they agreeor disagree with the author’s main point. Some things I may still have to work on is understanding rhetoric features a little better and get toal grasp on genres. Im confident with the help of my professor and a lot of studying that by the end of this course I can be very proud of where I’m at with the different ways to read and write.

No comments:

Post a Comment